Anyone can be a planned giving prospect; however some are more likely than others to make a planned gift intention or commitment.
Here are some traits and behavior exhibited by donors that could signal that they are a good PG prospect.
- Loyal…been giving for years
- No Children-this is huge. If you have loyal donors and you know they don’t have children, they should rise to the top of your list
- Loyal donor and long history of volunteering
- Long time current and retired employees
- Wealthy loyal donors with a potential taxable event on the horizon
- Create a list of your top PG prospect using the criteria above
- Reach out and see who is open to other ways to support your mission
- Be prepared to talk about planned gift options to all donors, not just the ones who meet the above criteria.